ART | VULNERABLE SUPERHUMANS

30.9.14



This Wednesday I am hosting a small launch party for photographer Gabi van Ingen. As I run the &MAES office gallery, I get the chance to introduce talented artists to our network and vice versa. Our previous exhibition was a success, and I hope this one will receive the same enthusiasm. I shared some artworks from Gabi van Ingen before, but as I am intrigued by a variety of her works I thought I should share her portfolio again. 


VULNERABILITY 
The artworks you see above are part of her series Construct and Self Portrait. To me, the third photograph pretty much sums up the feeling I get when looking at those pictures. It is about beauty that does not take a lot to break. The girls somehow seem superhuman, but vulnerable at the same time. I am not sure if that was Gabi's concept for these artworks, but I think it is pretty well done. 


I cannot wait to see how Wednesday goes. I am sure it will be a success though. :-)

Happy Tuesday!
-xoxo-
JP


Following me on Bloglovin yet?

Images by Gabi van Ingen

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...