HOTSPOT | DE WALVIS SPAARNDAMMERSTRAAT

22.1.15


 Images and interior by Stock Interiors

I am exploring housing options, since it could easily be so that I have to leave my home at one point. The perfect excuse to discover neighbourhoods I am not yet that familiar with though. Earlier this week, I had a spare hour in between work and an appointment in the Spaarndammerbuurt. Why not go and test one of the most well-known bars in the area: Cafe de WalvisI claimed a place at the counter and ordered the spaghetti bolognese, since it was cold out and I needed carbs. I need carbs on a regular basis and am not sure how all these girls do without. Anyway, while waiting for dinner I took the time to take in the bar's vibe - cool, easy going and creative - and felt right at home. 

FOOD // PEOPLE // INTERIOR
The spaghetti bolognese turned out to be nice, but other people tell me that they are less enthusiastic about the food. In all honesty, the menu looked simple and nice and I guess I can give a real culinary verdict once I have visited te place once again. The interior is nice and warm, with a lot of wood and red tones. I especially love the large reading table, on which a bunch of newspapers and magazines tempt you to get one more coffee before you go. The crowd is a mix of neighbours, young families and twenty-somethings. All looking for a chat over a coffee or a glass of wine.

I guess you should see this place for yourself. Big chance that I'll hang out here again.

DE WALVIS
Spaarndammerstraat 516
For more info, check out their website!

-xoxo-
JP

Follow me on Facebook



2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ziet er heel leuk uit, leuke inrichting ook!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Alexa! Het is heel tof. Als je weer in de buurt bent zeker even langs gaan. :-) x

      Verwijderen

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...