HOTSPOT | MARLENE DUMAS at STEDELIJK MUSEUM

6.9.14



Yesterday, the exhibition that I have been waiting for for a while now finally opened. The exhibition is a retrospective on the work of painter Marlene Dumas. Who's work I became to love because of its thin layers of paint, soft coloring and human subjects. I am off to the Stedelijk Museum to visit The Image as Burden now, as I hope to avoid the huge line that inevitably will form itself in front of the museum today. Especially since Dumas was praised - a little to much for my taste - in a popular Dutch TV show yesterday. 

Anyway, I will update this article soon with a review of the exhibition. Hope to find a new favorite work this morning, but if not: The Painter (in the picture above) will do it for me for much longer. 

Talk to you soon. Happy Saturday!
-xoxo-
JP

Following me on Bloglovin yet?


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...