LET'S TALK | OVERSIZED COATS

16.10.13



Oversized blouses, baggy jeans, brogues, buckled boots: everything masculine goes this season. Lucky us, because the perfect bulky item can give an otherwise dull outfit just the right sturdiness. And what better item to invest in than an oversized men's coat that instantly makes you look dressed up? Not too dressed up though, because hey: we are channeling our inner male here. But actually, we all know that that male thing is just a lot of bull to cover the fact that we feel sexy in oversized clothes. And the fact that we feel extremely comfortable when wearing them. As clever women, we just decided that it should become a trend this season. Genious. And let's face it, is there another trend out there that combines elegance and comfort? Don't think so and that is exactly why I think that every girl should own a few bulky items. Number 1 on the list: The Boyfriend Coat. 

Okay, I must admit that I already bought a new one this season, so let us not pretend that I am still searching for the perfect coat. Total shopping ban failure. Oops. As I already was the owner of an amazing Boyfriend Coat (see the last picture) I could not justify myself buying another one with a hefty price tag though. (See, I did save some money!) With most of the coats retailing at prices around €200,- (I am loving this and this), I was anxiously waiting for the more affordable coats to hit the stores. And boy did they hit it. H&M sells a few great ones (this checked one and this grey one for example), but to my surprise Pimkie sells a dream coat for 'just' €70,-. 

I already told you about the collection that blogger Camille designed for the French budget brand. And if there is one boss in the comfort/elegance department it is Camille. I was a little sceptic of the quality when I saw the collection online, but after checking it out in stores I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. So I ended up buying not only the white pants, but also the men's coat. If you also decide to go for that coat, I recommend you to buy it one or a few sizes up. I ended up buying a size Large, because that one has just the right length. As the text in the first picture indicates the risk of looking homeless when wearing too big of a coat, I adjusted the placement of the buttons and added a third buttonhole to give it the right shape. I will elaborate on that later though, when I show you the actual coat. 

If you can not wait for the coat to see it on someone, please check out this lovely video Camille made. Curious of what you think and if you have already found your dream Boyfriend Coat?

Happy Wednesday!
-xoxo-
JP



Or check it out in full size here







8 opmerkingen:

  1. Ja ik hou hier echt van. De jas die ik heb van Maje is zeker een van mij favorite. Jou jas is ook heel mooi! Staat je goed.

    XxX
    http://fabulousstylews.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.nl/fabulousstylews

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Die jas van Maje is heel gaaf. Nog steeds een beetje jaloers. ;-)
      x

      Verwijderen
  2. Vind deze trend erg leuk! Moet echt eens zo'n jas aanschaffen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Tof! Gelukkig zijn er genoeg te koop! Benieuwd welke je uiteindelijk aanschaft.. :-)
      x

      Verwijderen
  3. I need a new one real soon, I'm thinking of a pastel coloured one for a change :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Valerie, long time no see. :-) Pastel coats are lovely. Which one are you eying on?
      x

      Verwijderen

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...