AFW JULY '13 | TONY COHEN

16.7.13



 Good morning you! Dit weekend heb ik mijn eerste echte fashion week ervaring opgedaan. Kort, maar te gek! Debbie had 's zondags onverwachts een kaart over en nam me mee naar de show van Tony Cohen. Super lief en ik was er natuurlijk onwijs blij mee! 

Ik moet eerlijk zeggen dat ik nog niet zo bekend was met het werk van Tony Cohen (een geboren en getogen Amsterdammer trouwens!), dus ik was heel benieuwd naar de show. Wat me opviel was dat er aan de ene kant veel minimalistische en aan de andere kant juist heel girly (bijna een beetje tuttige) stukken tussen zaten. Ook showde hij wat denim stukken en hoewel ik onwijs blij ben met de comeback van denim, vond ik deze stukken het minst geslaagd. De minimalistische stukken vond ik wel erg mooi en zijn dan ook duidelijk mijn favoriet. Vooral de stukken uit de eerste drie foto's zou ik zo dragen!

Mijn eerste fashion week ervaring is een feit. En wat mij betreft komen er snel meer. Hard door bloggen en hopen dat ik er de volgende keer weer bij mag zijn! :-) 

Fijne dinsdag!
-xoxo-
JP

ps. Fotograferen naast een catwalk is toch heel wat anders dan het schieten van streetstyle bij daglicht.. :-)

Translation: Good morning you! I have had my first real fashion week experience this weekend. It was short, but amazing! The lovely Debbie unexpectedly invited me to join her to the the Tony Cohen show on Sunday. Super sweet and I was super excited of course!

In all honesty, I was not quite familiar with the work of Tony Cohen yet, (Tony was born in raised in Amsterdam by the way!) so I was pretty curious to see the show. What striked me was that on the one hand, he showcased quite some minimalistic and on the other hand some pretty girly pieces. He also showed some denim ensembles and although I am super happy with the comeback of denim lately, I must say that I was not that fond of those pieces. I did really like the minimalistic pieces though, so they are definitely my favorite. Especially the pieces in the first three photographs are garments that I would love to wear on a daily basis.

So my first fashion week experience is a wrap (and a fact :-)). I loved it and I truly hope that I am able to join again next time! :-)

Happy Tuesday!
-xoxo-
JP

ps. I really hope you like the pictures. Fashion week photography is a whole other story than shooting street style. I can share that secret with you now.. :-) 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...