INTERIOR | HOW TO CREATE AN URBAN JUNGLE AT HOME

5.12.14



I cannot really figure out why, but I am in love with the first picture. Normally though, I am more into interiors like displayed in the rest of the pictures: clean, a touch of color and a little green. Truth be told though, that I have only just recently added a plant to my home. It is a small one and I am unaware of its sort, but I guess it is related to the palm tree. Mine is just 50 cm high still, but who knows what huge tree I have actually brought into my home. I guess we will just have to see what will become of it. 

Adding a little green to my home made me realize that a home is not a home if it does not have some vegetation growing in it. I will never grow into being the plant lover that my mother is, but I am taking baby steps into creating my own urban jungle. 

3 WAYS TO STARTE CREATING YOUR OWN URBAN JUNGLE
I reckon that most of us city - animals - do not have a garden ór a spacious living room. Living in a city does not mean that you cannot bring out your inner GI Jane though. 3 ways to create your own urban jungle!

FORGET PLANTS, BUY SOME BRANCHES
Although I related branches to easter until a few years ago, flowered branches can be a really cool and easy way to start adding some life to your apartment. And what comes in handy is that it is pretty cheap. Get yourself a nice vase and start experimenting!

PUT IT ON THE WALL
That sounds strange, does it not? But for all of us that have packed floors adding some vegetation hanging from the walls may be the solution. The right term for this trend is vertical gardening. Sounds cool right?

BUY A BUNCH OF SMALL PLANTS...
Instead of one big one. This creates a more creative and spacious feeling than a colossal plant that is too big to be moved around the house when you want to switch up your interior. And even better: most small plants do not have to be watered that often. Think of cacti for example!

What are your tips on creating an urban jungle at home?
Happy Friday!
-xoxo-
JP

Follow me on Facebook!

All primary image sources are to be found on my Pinterest boards



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...