ART | THE END OF SITTING

25.3.15



I guess sitting is the new smoking in a way, as it starts to dawn on us that working while sitting behind our desks is not the most healthy position to work in all day. But just as with those former cigarette addicts: trying to change our habits is quite hard. Sitting is just so damn comfortable. 

GREAT MINDS DON'T SIT
Did you know that great composers like Mozart used to work standing or laying in bed? I did not. But when thinking about it, I realize that sitting is not the most effective way of working for me either. When I really need to think about something, or be creative, I tend to go for a walk. The same goes for speaking on the telephone. I never sit when having a conversation I must concentrate on. 

AN ART PROJECT TO END SITTING
Artist Barbara Visser and RAAAF - a studio where architecture, art and science meet - initiated a project to develop a landscape in which we are unable to sit in the regular way. You can either stand or lay down to find comfort in this uncomfortable looking place. Besides from looking incredible, the landscape challenges you to discover new postures. A great way to experiment with our future work environment. 

Although I still think that I might sit for a great deal of my life, I guess this project made me more conscious of when comfort is turning into laziness. And really, this knowledge is the best excuse to get out of the office right? 

How many hours of the day do you spend sitting?

Enjoy your day!
-xoxo-
JP

Follow me on Facebook

Image from Cult Of Mag.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. woow het ziet er ten eerste heel tof uit en ik denk inderdaad stimuleert want van dat zitten wordt je maar zo duf

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ja eigenlijk wel he. Misschien moeten we het gewoon eens proberen, een hele dag staan. :-)

      Verwijderen

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...