#MBFWA | COOL AND EDGY TONY COHEN

17.7.14




I still owe you a few fashion week articles. One of the shows I always try to attend is that of Amsterdam based fashion label Tony Cohen. Last Sunday Tony Cohen presented his collection for Spring Summer 2015, called - quite logically - TONYCOHEN. Besides the regular women's collection, the label also presented a capsule collection for men: TONYCOHEN MAN. 

My big love for conceptual clothing is counterbalanced by the love for minimalist perfection. Clothing in which quality, cut and fabric add up to a magnificent piece of clothing. That is exactly the reason why Tony Cohen is one of my favorite labels showing at fashion week. The brand's cool and edgy vibe feels low key and easy, while radiating sensibility and urban femininity at the same time. 

STRONG USE OF FABRICS
While looking at the collection I tried to define its key element. Besides the blunt and sharp cut of the clothes, the beautiful mix of fabrics makes the collection both luxurious and casual. The use of silk, tough leather, cotton and - I guess even something like - gold thread might seem a little heavy for Summer, but in this case they compliment the collection and give it its defining shape. 

I am particularly fond of the 'younger' looking part of the collection: think cotton wide legged pants, loose skirts and coats and golden tube tops. I can imagine a slightly older woman to amp up this selection by wearing the big hats and slightly different cut garments of the collection though. I guess there is something for everyone in this collection. And it better, because who would not like to wear Tony Cohen on a 2015 Summer's day?

What is your impression of the show?

Happy Thursday!
-xoxo-
JP

Ps. Check out the Tony Cohen webshop here!

Following me on Bloglovin yet?

All pictures by Team Peter Stigter


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate and read every single one of them. Talk to you soon! -xoxo-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...